The telecommunication industry today is dynamic and highly competitive, with many MNOs and MVNOs competing for the same pool of customers. The question is, what makes a customer choose one provider over another? The answer lies in the ability to offer flexible and value-added services that meet customers’ changing needs. One of the most significant needs across all industry verticals is the need for agile and flexible data and mobile data connectivity solutions.
The importance of Data and Connectivity Management
Over the years, businesses across industry verticals have changed and adapted. One of the biggest shifts has been the reliance on technology, which has accelerated at a rapid pace thanks to digital transformation. This has seen businesses change from utilising paper and files to primarily using mobile devices, such as laptops, tablets and more. Today without technology, a business is unable to function. The key to ensuring such technology is functionable mobile data and connectivity options. Data and connectivity downtime can adversely affect business, financially, operationally, as well as customer experience, all of which affect revenue significantly.
Telcos are uniquely positioned to provide their customer base with a data and connectivity management solution that will solve these challenges. Using this technology, within a single portal, your customers will be empowered to proactively manage all their connectivity and data needs across single or multiple mobility and IoT environments. This includes the ability to manage and define elements related to data bundles, data quotas, reporting, alerts and more. Ensuring that all devices are always connected and functioning.
Not only are you adding value by providing this kind of service offering, but also improving customer experience and building loyalty, which today is a critical necessity in a competitive market like this. By ensuring the best service and value, you will retain your loyal customers as well as attract new customers.
By providing this offering to your customers, you can also create new revenue streams aimed at monetising these data and connectivity management solutions, resulting in a win-win situation for both you as a Telco and your customers.
The Benefits of using a Data and Connectivity Management Solution for Network Operators and their Customers
From the above, it is clear that data and connectivity management solutions fulfill an essential need for both Telcos and customers. Several other benefits are associated with implementing this kind of solution for both. These include:
- Tailored mobile data connectivity – as a Telco you can provide end customers with a tailor-made data connectivity journey across multiple industry verticals, reaching a broader customer market.
- A Self-service platform for your customers – give your end customers more control over their data ecosystem with a user-friendly self-service platform. Your customers will be able to take ownership of their data and connectivity needs, resulting in improved service delivery and operational efficiencies. Adding this kind of value to your customers enhances customer experience and increases brand loyalty.
- Give your customers visibility and control – with access to detailed advanced analytics and insights, your end customers will have complete visibility over their spend and data and connectivity options, enabling them to make informed business decisions.
- Extended customer opportunities – increase customer value and enhance brand loyalty through additional engagements, products, consulting opportunities and value-added services.
- Zero Startup Costs – take advantage of a scalable cloud-based offering and flexible SaaS commercial model, allowing you to grow the platform as your customer base increases.
How can Network Operators remain Flexible with Mobile Data Connectivity?
As a Telco trying to enhance its competitiveness, you must ensure that you can provide your customers with the data connectivity solutions they need. Since all customers are different and their needs vary, you will need to have a flexible and agile solution. This is a significant challenge considering that there are many contrasting software solutions available in the market today that seek to solve this challenge. So how do you make the right choice? The answer lies in looking for a service provider that understands the industry and your needs as a Telco. One such provider is Adapt IT Telecoms, which has developed an innovative data and connectivity management solution aimed at assisting Telcos with solving this unique challenge.
This solution is based on APN-as-a-Service technology and has been specifically geared towards helping Telcos tailor the mobile data connectivity journey for their customers. This solution boasts the following features:
- Flexible connectivity options – empower customers with several agile data connectivity solutions to suit their unique business needs and IT ecosystem.
- Integrated Radius and data bundle management – give customers more control over their mobile data, consumption and data allocation with this widely deployed technology. This feature also allows for the authentication, authorisation and accounts for customer network access.
- Real-time, in-session data control – with this platform, customers can control and manage data usage in real-time. This enables customers to proactively identify problems or issues related to data management.
- Static and Dynamic IP pool management – allow customers to segment connectivity and data traffic, while applying business rules across different departments within the organisation.
- API Integration – this solution offers full API integration to ensure seamless integration with any existing business platforms.
- White-labeled solution – you can brand this platform according to your business identity.
- Comprehensive Report Library and Self-service analytics – insight into all your data through flexible and customisable self-service reports and analytics.
- Value-added service enablement – the solution enables you, as an MNO, the ability to extend the platform to other technologies and services such as USSD, Traffic control, Location-based Services (LBS).
Data and connectivity management remains an essential need for many businesses across industry verticals. Telcos are in a unique position to answer this need by providing their customers with data and connectivity management solutions, however the success of this is primarily based on finding the right technology and partner. Adapt IT Telecoms’ data and connectivity management solutions have been developed and built to meet the Telco’s need for flexibility and agility, enabling their customers to tailor their mobile data and connectivity requirements to meet their unique needs and environments. You now need to ask yourself if you are providing your customers with the best data and connectivity management solution on the market and if you could be doing more to enhance your competitiveness.
Offer new revenue streams and reduce customer churn
Explore the intricate details of Adapt IT’s APN-as-a-Service and how it enables IoT connectivity, enhance network security, and facilitates the effective management of an organisation’s IoT ecosystem.
Entrepreneurial Technologist with a proven track record in IT, Infrastructure and Service Management.Strong focus on solution design, implementation and integration, specifically within the mobile data and connectivity landscape.