SMS is part of the VAS solution and is currently the most successful channel for mobile advertising. SMS is even more effective when used in association with the USSD solution. Depending on the length of the text message, this mobile‑to‑mobile solution will be treated either as an SMS or an MMS (multi-media service).
- SMS messaging provides fast and effective communication through a direct interface.
- SMS message prompts the user to engage with the sender, e.g., read, reply, or act.
- Organizations can communicate effectively with users, while cutting communications costs, thereby facilitating increased revenue.
- Organizations can set up SMS rules such as delivery acknowledgement, message delays and sender IDs.
- Organizations can monitor and control SMS usage.